Author Topic: [Guide] Renaming files in multiple sub-directories for DCS bindings  (Read 341 times)

SpyderS.

• Senior Pilot
    • View Profile
I recently had a problem with DCS input mapping files after installing a new OS. I had the old file mappings from my previous install, but the new file mappings were different device IDs because of the new operating system. In order to migrate over the control mappings, I copied the folders under \Users\"Username"\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input to my new install. Then with the following command in the command prompt, rename all the files in each sub-directory to the correct Device ID. In order to get the correct device ID, I started DCS and mapped a couple things to the stick and then checked the Input directory for the newly created mapping file.

Open CMD and navigate to the Input folder for DCS. Then use the following with the names changed to match your devices:

for /r %x in ("[Device_Name]"*.lua) do ren "%x" " [New_Device_Name].diff.lua"

Example:
for /r %x in ("VKB-Sim Gunfighter"*.lua) do ren "%x" " VKB-Sim Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro  {15185F70-C763-11ea-8002-444553540000}.diff.lua"

SpyderS.

• Senior Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: [Guide] Renaming files in multiple sub-directories for DCS bindings
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 05:29:33 PM »
Something else I just ran into, if you use one of the buttons as a modifier, then you will have to re-add that button as a modifier in DCS. The binding for the action will still be there and be correct, you just need to reference the button as the modifier again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk