Author Topic: ** 40th SOC Cowboy Skunkworks **  (Read 190 times)

prccowboy

• Command Staff
    • View Profile
** 40th SOC Cowboy Skunkworks **
« on: April 17, 2021, 04:50:05 PM »
I am releasing to the 40th SOC members, "early access" to some asset mods that I have made. They are being released as a separate standalone to keep the required liveries/mods and voluntary mods isolated.

Use and installation of this pack is VOLUNTARY. It is for your amusement and to allow mission creators to add some creative or interesting scenarios.

Currently, the pack includes my XSF (eXperimental Sea Frame) projects. Both of these are based on real world platforms:

- the XSF-1 (based on the real world SeaFighter FSF-1) is a small fast armed littoral ship, capable of carrying 2 helo's/harriers.
- the XSF-2 (based on Japan's Megafloat project and various countries concepts of a combat MOB-mobile operating base) is a 2km long floating runway with full ATC, TACAN, ICLS (no ILS), LRLS, FLOLS, spawn/recover/rearm/refuel capability

DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ss2aV48XIp9ZI-UHaNf5rv2x-leHAj7u/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 01:11:21 PM by prccowboy »

prccowboy

• Command Staff
    • View Profile
40th SOC CLP MODS Instructions and Notes
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 04:50:56 PM »
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. If you are in the 40th SOC, I assume you already know how to install User Mods. So, this should be easier than AAR and instructions are below. However, If you are NOT comfortable with this process, don't do it.

Installation:
unzip the files and copy the entire contents of the 'Mods' folder in the zip file to your DCS user files folder, example:
C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\

(You should end up with a "40th CLP_Mods" folder under Mods/Tech, example:
"C:\Users\[YOURNAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\40th CLP_Mods\")
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 04:53:19 PM by prccowboy »

prccowboy

• Command Staff
    • View Profile
FAQ
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 04:51:29 PM »
GENERAL

1) BOTH of these XSF assets will be listed as "ships" in ME (named CLP XSF-1, etc.)

XSF-2 known bugs features:

1) The XSF-2 adds carrier capability to "whitelisted" aircraft that are not typically ship capable aircraft. This currently includes: F-16, A-10cII, JF-17, M-2000C, and the C-130 and C-17a. If a mission creator wants to use the asset as REDFOR and requires other aircraft, let me know.

2) The "heavies" like C-130 and C-17a will not spawn from ramp or parking. If you want to have them take-off from the XSF-2, you must use spawn on runway. Also, they will not taxi and park. they will despawn immediately after landing.

3)Given that the mod changes plane behavior (by making the whitelist aircraft carrier capable), the mod might impact integrity checks on other servers. DISABLE or REMOVE the mod as needed.

4) A-10's will spawn on the XSF-2 with gear damage. This is a DCS thing due to the A-10 using outdated codebase - nothing I can do to prevent this. A (bad) workaround is to immediately repair aircraft after spawning

5) F-14's with Jester might NOT be able to complete alignment from a cold start. I am looking into this. Temporary Workaround: F-14's need to spawn hot from the XSF-2
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:36:23 PM by prccowboy »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk